Friday, February 20, 2015

Busy week!!

I have been swimming in a sea of BUSY this week.  I started working for my husband's company (The Emotional Investor) on a regular basis in January- and this week the workload has really ramped up.  I do social media relations for him and it is so constant sometimes it can be overwhelming.  I realized my goal of a weekly blog was going to be shot if I didn't do something today (so soon into the new year).  As I was thinking about it I looked at my dining room table and thought this totally describes my week.  So here it is folks, my messy "office" /dining room table with what my week has consisted of.


Chess Board- I have played chess almost ever night with my 9 year old son.  Yes he beat me in 4 moves- I'll blame it on my distracted week... and his mad chess skills.

Pile of papers #1- the pile close to the chess board is for some volunteering I am doing at my son's school.  It has been fun, but thank goodness it will be over on Tuesday!!

Pile of papers #2- some administrative stuff I need to do, but hired my daughter to do- total cheap child labor works for me (at least in my house).

Computer- of course the ever so important computer where all work magic happens.

Laundry- clothes laying all around drying because I realized I should have done laundry two days ago, but finally found time this morning (and remembered).

Newspapers- unopened newspapers.  I think they'll just end up in the recycle because I don't have time to read them and they just keep piling up.

Cups/plates- all my water drinking and snacking that has taken place while working.

Sticky Notes- I am constantly writing notes for things I have to do.  My husband keeps trying to convince me to do an electronic version, but I like the physical post it notes (especially the ones with the pictures of a big eyed frog)

Sweat band- If you look closely you can see my head sweat band I just washed.  Yes I use it- but only when I'm working out at home (or rocking out to some 80s tunes).

Mess- The table is a mess which is indicative of my house.  My whole house is just a mess (except my closet which I love that it is my clean place to stand and take a deep breath).  I need to do some serious cleaning and pull in some of the kids for that cheap labor I was talking about earlier.

Jay asked if I wanted to go out tonight .  ummm YES!!    I need a good Friday night out and we both agreed NO WORK talk... we'll see how well we do with that.

Have a good weekend and please take time to RELAX, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment