Sunday, April 26, 2015

Legos  

Legos are so cool.  They have provided hours upon hours of play for my 10 year old son.  They span the ages, it is something my husband and I don't mind playing with him.  They span the sexes, my daughter and son will play with them together and both have fun.

My love for Legos also comes with a hate.  The hate of organizing them.  I know I am not alone in this.  I know because all the ideas that come up on Pinterest every time I go on this quest to organize the Legos.  Pinterest has some fabulous ideas, but none that seem to be realistic.  Honestly, my idea is create a Shop Vac for Legos.  Something that can suck them up, then sort them by size and while I'm inventing-have it sort by color too!  Wouldn't that be awesome.  A quick way to pick up all those pieces, and they'd all be quickly sorted.

So even though the Lego Shop Vac is still in prototype (haha) I decided for the hundredth time I'd  try again and organize my son's Legos.  We were a little out of control in his room and I just couldn't take it anymore (plus I love tucking him in at night and I was always stepping on that one tiny Lego...we all know what that feels like- D#*@^!.

This is on a good day after he had already "cleaned up" his Legos.  I love how Willis is looking at the mess, he doesn't like it either, it hurts those puppy paws to step on the Legos too : )  
See the hazard if you are trying to navigate this at night... plus there was always way more Legos on the floor.


I found something that will appease me for now, and the biggest part is I have had to change my mind set.  It's just going to be messy. It's just going to be messy.  It's just going to be messy. It's just going to be messy. (excuse the repetition, I need to make that my mantra for now until it sticks in my head) I'm hoping with this new method it won't be messy on the floor, instead messy on the bottom bunk....


I put his bunk bed back together and used the bottom as a Lego table...


I just went to take some pictures of the "new" method and it already looks to be a fail.... Legos on the floor.  It's just going to be messy, it's just going to be messy, it's just going to be messy, it's just going to be messy.....

1 comment: