Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Spring! yay......booo

There are so many fabulous things to love about Spring.  I love the colors.  Here in Minnesota we have a long winter of whites and browns and not much else (excepet the Christmas lights that can't be taken down until spring because they are frozen to the house/trees etc).   It is great to see the grass so green and vibrant, the flowers that have been hibernating start to poke their way up through the ground into some lovely tulips and daffodils.  I love it!

Pictures from our neighbor- see how beautiful!
 I love that it is WARM (it's all relative, so we are happy to take anything above 30), especially on those days where you can feel the warmth from the sun and there isn't any wind!  Imagine that!  I love hearing all the birds sing and rushing around building their nests.  Last year we had a robin's nest in the tree right outside Janie's bedroom window, with blue robin eggs in them!  We also have a few bald eagles that come and make their summer home somewhere in our neighborhood, so it's really cool to see these giants flying around.
Bald Eagle- this is literally right behind our house, so cool!

I love to see all the kids emerging from their homes and playing outside until it is dark.  Willis is loving it, he goes crazy now that everything has thawed out and he can smell life!

Love all the chalk activity going on... oh and Willis is just like my kids, as soon as he sees the camera he looks away!


 Spring is magical, a renewing of life.........

AND a renewing of allergies that have lay dormant during the frozen tundra days.  Everyone in my family has seasonal allergies, but it effects my son the most.  The poor kid is on on 3 medicines, eye drops, saline spray yet his allergies are still just bad.  We have tried different remedies, local honey, daily showers, cleaning out the nose, even a "salt room" membership.
Our storage of Kleenex which should last about a month..
Aaron's allergy regime

I hate to even go there, but I think allergy shots could be in his future.  Still despite my itchy, watery eyes I love the feeling of SPRING and (almost) all it brings.  In the meantime I'll just walk around like this for the next few weeks until they calm down.







No comments:

Post a Comment