Monday, June 29, 2015

My Boyfriend's Back!

Yep you heard me right, my boyfriend is back!  Jay and I took a 3 day vacation away from the kids (thanks to our awesome friends who helped us out).  He had a speaking opportunity in Orlando at a nice hotel, so I tagged along and we made a weekend of it.  A weekend of sun, fun, relaxing, ice-cream, chocolate croissants, flirting and I got to see Jay in action for work.  

Jay speaking at a conference- I was impressed!  

Lately with his travel schedule we do what we can to throw in some good conversation over the phone or within the 2 days he is home.   Timing has been tricky and hard to get any type of conversation let alone a good one.  I feel like an FBI agent with my strategic conversations with him.  I know it will be short so I give him the latest on the kids, dog, home, work and try to slip in something about me (I don't know why FBI, but I've always wanted that title so...). These 3 days I didn't feel rushed and didn't have to check my list of things to talk with him about.

I highly recommend doing what you can to get away with your spouse.  It makes such a difference.  We were able to talk-without having to be strategic with our wording or using code words (listening 12 year old ears are extra sharp these days), we were able to talk about more than our kids and home stuff, we got to do a lot of other things without having to worry about kids.  I felt like his girlfriend!

It was just the refresh we needed.  For all of you with little kids I know it seems like this time will never come....it does, try to at least do date nights in the meantime (although over night is better : )







No comments:

Post a Comment