Monday, February 3, 2014

Getting Started


This whole blog thing started as a phone conversation with Beth, one of my best friend.  I was in a pickle because I had finished my schooling, gotten a job, but then quickly realized it didn’t work out for my family situation for me to be working…and that was only part time.  I was complaining to Beth that if I didn’t work what would I do during the day while my kids were at school besides become addicted to reality TV.   She quizzed me on things I like to do.  I couldn’t think of much at the time.

Shortly after we talked again (as best friends do, even if she is almost 2,000 miles away).  I had a list for her: become a better swimmer, I wanted to take up piano again (my mom was right when she said I’d regret not practicing), I wanted to learn how to take good pictures.  As our conversation went on I decided as an adult it might be too embarrassing to start these things because I wasn’t already good at them… my crazy logic, right?  She laughed and said you don’t have to be good at it to start something. 

I did what I am good at doing (just ask my hubby) made excuses on why I couldn’t really start those things.    Why can’t I do those things?  This blog is going to be about ACTION and accountability…most of the time. 

At the start of the new year I read a blog by a friend of mine, Dr. Jean Davidson, that talked about instead of making a bunch of resolutions, pick a word for the year.  I immediately knew what my word would be, ACTION.  I feel like I am one of those “good intentions” people, but don’t quite get around to doing.  This blog is a start to fulfilling that resolution, checking things off my many lists. 
Beth and I
                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Was so interested to hear your thoughts, Lonni. You are a dear, sweet person who has accomplished so very much in your short time. The most important of which is giving birth and lovingly caring for three beautiful children. One was taken from you too soon. Sometimes it is enough to JUST BE. Every minute we are given, whether it is to smell the flowers, watch a beautiful sunset, see the humingbirds hover, beautiful snow falling, or smell the popcorn popping is a gift. Go with the flow. Be still and listen, not to anyone else except your inner voice. No one knows better than Lonni what Lonni will want to do. Just Be. Be Still. Listen and Know.
    Sent with Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy and interested to read your blog. This social media helps us to feel close across the miles! I wish we could see each other sometimes and support each other through the trials of life. I remember the first day i met you and it was just like "click" ... Best friends! Do you remember when one of my goals was to stop critercising and i spelt it wrong??? Well i'm still working on that one in some ways. I think your word of ACTION is great because inevitabily we get distracted from our goal but your word will refocus you immediately and help you achieve what you want. I know you are a strong determined woman who knows that your family needs you first but you will find some fulfillment in yourself for yourself. I love you so much. Keep the blogs coming.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Lonni I made some resolutions last night in my journal. Go about doing good and thinking more positively of others. I applaud your efforts to becoming the woman you want to be!
    :)
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete