Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Junk drawer

My goal- to clean the junk drawer monthly.  My excuse has been that it takes too much time.... it really only took me 10 minutes and it was a mess.
 
When you go to get a pedicure do you ever trim your toenails a little or maybe take off the 4 layers of nail polish just so your toes don’t look so bad?    Well that’s how I felt as I went to take a "before" picture of my junk drawer.  I was thinking maybe I should clean it up just a little, because, let me be honest, I am embarrassed I let it get this bad BUT I am keeping it real and didn't touch it. 
 
 
 This is it folks.   You could play a serious game of “I Spy” with this picture.  Can you see the bell from Christmas?  The tooth case with my daughter’s tooth in it that she forgot to put under her pillow, but the awesome tooth fairy still came!
 
Please tell me your junk drawer get this messy.
 
What did I do with all that stuff?  Well mostly purge, purge, purge.  Tooth…gone, Christmas bell….gone.  I don’t know why I let it sit there for months.
 

 
Checked this off the list for the month of February!  It does give me a sense of calm looking at it all clean, knowing we do own pens, and pencils that are sharpened and look the tape and scissors are here (for now). 
 
What do you do to keep your junk drawer from getting overwhelmingly messy? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment