Thursday, February 27, 2014

Staying positive...bleh!

When the snow started to literally close in around me I thought I better come up with ways to stay positive about what we are experiencing here in Minnesota called a Polar Vortex.  Well, guess what??? When I got in my car this morning and saw this... 


 
-12, again that is NEGATIVE 12!   There was no holding back all the frustration I've tried to suppress about this weather, AHHHHHHHHHH!.  In December, January and February I expect cold weather, but this is unreasonable- who can I talk to about this?  Over 20 days we've had of subzero temps, 6 snow days (and only one of those was because of snow, the other 5 were because of the temps being so low, as in -20 with a wind chill that felt like -40)!  Last night I dreamed that I saw the ground without snow. I was so happy and woke up feeling so good (until I stepped outside that is).  So sad that green grass has become a fantasy for me. 
 
My dreams have become pathetic, I eat like I am trying to store fat for years, I am sick of my sweaters, boots, holey socks, my poor puppy has no idea what grass is or the concept of going for a walk, kids are going stir crazy, puppy going stir crazy and ME going stir crazy.... let's give it another AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
 
Now that I've gotten that out and know that I sound unappreciative for what I do have, I'll end with a silver lining. The "Polar Vortex" makes things pretty and our 10,000 lakes will be full this summer, which could be problematic and could create some serious mosquito motels, but I am staying positive.   Stay warm!
Yes those are our Christmas lights- they'll be up until the thaw...


No comments:

Post a Comment